Feng Shui Bathroom:
Learn to Manage the Water Element
Your feng shui bathroom needs special attention since water represents wealth, prosperity, cash flow , career and circulation of your wealth and body fluids and there is plenty of water in the bathroom.
Good qi/chi energy is alive, vibrant and pure. Yet bathrooms are deposits of germs which creates de-natured chi.
There are also at least three drains in the bathroom: the sink, tub/shower and toilet drains. Since good chi can escape down the drains, it adds another layer to the attention you must pay to this special room.
Since cash is so near and dear to our hearts and necessary for our survival, be sure to properly feng shui this room and balance the elements so that the bathroom doesn't affect the quality of your life.
Basic Feng Shui Bathroom Principles To Follow
Try to follow as many of these basic principals as possible.
- If practical, keep the bathroom door closed in order to contain the qi/chi energy in the bathroom and not lose it to the rest of the home. This also keeps the germs and de-natured chi in the bathroom and not circulating in the rest of the home.
- Keep the toilet seat down at all times when not in use. The toilet is the largest drain in the house and each time it is flushed it drains the bad chi as well as the good chi. Close the lid when you flush the toilet so the germs don't spray around the room. This will also stop good chi from being flushed away.
- A toilet that is partitioned is best, but it may not be practical for most homes. The partition can be done with a curtain or beads. But this works best in large bathrooms. If you're having a home built, consider having a toilet closet built to house the toilet and include a window if possible.
- If the toilet is not working properly, it's best to get it fixed since anything broken could have a lower vibration to it.
- If you have a window in the bathroom, keep it open as much as possible in order to clear out the bad chi, keeping the air clean and pure. If there is no window, then have an air purifier in the room. Fresh plants can help to keep the air clean.
- Keep the mirrors and any windows clean in order to avoid distortion.
- Keep all drains closed when not in use. If need be, you can purchase a rubber drain cover in many department stores to cover the sink and shower/tub drains. This will keep the good chi from going down the drain.
- Keep your feng shui bathroom clean and uncluttered at all times.
- It's best to not have a waste basket in the bathroom. Take your trash out of the bathroom with you as you leave. Do not let it accumulate in a wastebasket.
- Keep the bathroom appealing to the eye.
- Natural sunlight is best for the bathroom if you're lucky enough to have a window in your bathroom. Florescent lighting is bad for the nervous system, so please avoid this in your feng shui Bathroom.
- Sage your bathroom to remove stagnant qi/chi energy.
- Never have the toilet reflecting in a mirror as this will double the effects of the toilet drain. Place something in front of the mirror so the toilet doesn't reflect in the mirror. This could be a plant, vase, statue or whatever works for you.
Create a Spa-Like Atmosphere
Your feng shui bathroom should be a peaceful, beautiful space. Displaying symbols of beauty and abundance always helps us to manifest these things in our life. Creating a spa-like effect in your feng shui bathroom will bring you lots of happiness and tranquility.
- Starting with your towels, be sure they are thick, rich, beautiful and in great condition. I have no doubt that Donald Trump has incredible towels in his Manhattan penthouse.
- Essential oils in your bathroom will clean and improve the quality of air. The oils will also bring tranquility and make you feel pampered and wealthy.
- Since the bathroom is for cleansing, display quality soaps along with some candles. Be sure to use the soaps and don't just display them. Indulge in yourself so the Universe knows that you think you are worth it. It will know your heart and will bring you what you expect.
- Soothing artwork is important too. Go online to take a look at what is usually found in a spa as far as decoration and begin to duplicate the look.
- Better yet, visit a spa and get a great treatment for yourself and bring away with you the image that you would like to have in your spa-like bathroom.
- Consider having a dimmer switch put in the bathroom so you can have soft lighting when it's appropriate like when you are bathing.
Bathroom Remedies and Cures
- Stalks of lucky bamboo bring good luck, abundance and wealth. Bunches of eight are best. Place it in front of the mirror to double the effect.
- If the bathroom is in the love and marriage area of the bagua, avoid red and pink colors since red is an enhancer and you don't want to enhance the de-natured chi. Instead use earth colors which are light yellow, earth tones and light browns. Also, put images in twos like two statues or two crystals or a picture of two of something.
- If your feng shui bathroom is in the center of the home, know that energy from the center of the home spreads out to the entire home, so keep the bathroom clean and sanitized and the door shut at all times.
- If the bathroom is in the helpful people area (metal) of the bagua map, then limit the use of mirrors (water) so that the water element stays balanced and doesn't overpower the metal element since water wears down metal. Use earth colors and metal colors like white and grey.
- If your bathroom is in your wealth corner, this is governed by the wood element. So you could put live plants, or green colors and tall, rectangle shapes.
Special Attention Needed
If your home has two floors or more, wherever there is a downstairs feng shui bathroom, you will want to direct the questionable chi back down to the lower floor. You can do this with the use of rugs on the floor of the room above the bathroom.
In the same way, when there is an upstairs bathroom you will want to direct the chi back up. You can do this from the downstairs room by adding one or more of these simple cures to the downstairs room:
- A ceiling light fixture
- A crystal chandelier
- A faceted crystal hung from the center of the ceiling
- Tall lamps that are kept turned on
- A tall mirror
- Wallpaper with a vertical pattern
- Placing earth objects in the corners of the downstairs room
- An image of a bird flying up
- A tall tree to lift the chi
- Plants that grow straight up like bamboo and mothers-in-law-tongue which happens to be a plant which thrives with minimal care.
- Use your imagination and bring in any element that goes up, like a tall vase or statue.
If the bathroom is above the kitchen be aware that the negative chi can damage the health of the occupants of the home. Bad chi can affect your finances too if the room below is the wealth area of the bagua. Use one of the cures above to balance the problem.
If you live in an apartment or condo or high rise building, find out where the bathrooms are above you and below you. Be sure to apply the proper cure. The little bit of time it takes to apply one or more of these cures is well worth it.
Love your feng shui bathroom by following these principles and it will contribute to the great energy in your home.
Feng Shui Bathroom: Learn to manage the water element